July 08, 2006

evil british press

I don't know. You tell me.

I've hated Christiano Ronaldo throughout the whole of last season. I've said it time and time again. Who would listen to me?

No one.

Ronaldo had been diving like that for the last two years and every Englishman who watched football KNEW that as a fact. But no, they choose to pick apart Pires and Van Nistelrooy and lately Drogba and Robben.

Suddenly the bloke 'causes' the great and mighty England team to crash out of the World Cup and he is public enemy number 1. They mock him till this day for crying when he left the pitch against Holland. He's a baby it seems.

Few days later, as Beckham sit in the stands drying his tears for his blood red eyes while watching his team play against Portugal, Beckham is no baby. He's a hero, it seems.

The aftermath is amusing to say the least. The tabloids come out with a story saying that Ronaldo told Rooney before the game that he was going to get sent off. Give me a fucking break already.

And all this pisses me off even more because suddenly, all the random people are making random comments about Ronaldo. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Which part of his behaviour didn't you already know?!?!

His winking?

Another big fabricated piece of bullshit. All you saw was an asshole winking. How do you know he was winking to the bench? Oh yeah, that's right. You read it in the news. You read Italian? Spanish? French? German? No?

English?

Of course you read it in English. Who writes English news? Why, the English of course....

Don't get me wrong. I hate Ronaldo. I've hated him ages ago. At the moment, I think his play is more of a detriment to his team. Unless he learns to be more a team player, I can't wait to see him leave Manyoo.

I hate him, yes. But the mumbo jumbo surrounding him is a little too unfair for my liking.

No comments: