August 04, 2006

fuck that shit

Although some footy fans would never admit to being superstistious, I must say that I am.

That's why I have pre-match rituals.
That's why I try not to knock our opponents too much. At least until after we've played them.
That's why the victory dance has so much passion to it.

Now, though, I have a real concern. A very real concern.

Andriy Shevchenko has just been given the No. 7 Chelsea shirt. Shit. Shitty shitty fuck fuck. That was the one number I was hoping would never be used again. Ever.

The last two players to have worn No. 7 for Chelsea turned out to be complete disappointments; namely Adrian Mutu and Winston Bogarde. The number appears to be jinxed. Hexed. Just plain bad luck.

Now Sheva will have the number on his back. Goddammit.

At this stage, I can only hope that Sheva has the magical talent to reverse the jinx of the No. 7 shirt. I really do hope he does well.

Let us pray, Chelsea fans.

No comments: