May 10, 2006

Top Ten Things Going Through Sven-Goran Eriksson's Mind While Selecting the World Cup Squad

(i'm posting this here... original post from my site...)

Sven, Sven, Sven... He's finally named his squad, and there's quite a few surprises in it. Like the inclusion of the teenagers Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon. But of course he's sticking with Owen and Rooney, although one hasn't played much and the other is, like, injured.

Enough about that. Either he's a visionary who'll bring England to World Cup glory, or a reckless gambler who can't wait to leave his job. Everything will be clear come Germany '06.


Picture taken from theFA.com


The thing is that Sven the man always looks serious, like he's contemplating the deeper mysteries of the universe. Well, i think he's an everyday dude, only with a bloated salary... most of the time, he's thinking usual stuff, probably a little more trivial than most people...

Top Ten Things Going Through Sven-Goran Eriksson's Mind While Selecting the World Cup Squad


  • "Wow, Beckham is such a great player, and an awesome captain... Must remember to emphasize that in my next press interview... I wonder if I've mention that before... Beckham must play... such a great player... I'll even let him play goalie if he wants... I'm so lucky to have him as a captain... Beckham is awesome!"


  • Oh, man... Steve McClaren is SO screwed, man...!"


  • "What on earth is a 'metatarsal'? Isn't some kind of Greek lamb dish? And why did Rooney go and play with it and break it?"


  • "Screw the World Cup, that new FA secretary is one hot chick!"


  • "Damn, that Mourinho has got hot looking stubble! I wonder if he uses double blade shavers. Speaking of which, did I shave this morning...?


  • "Shaun who? Wright-Phillips? Right winger? Where have I heard this name before? Is he one of the England U-17 players? Got to ask Tord Grip about this... La-di-da..."


  • "Ok, I've got to remind myself everyday... '4-4-2' is good... '4-4-2' is good... and don't forget to pick a goalie, too... '4-4-2' is good..."


  • "OK, one more time... JOE Cole is a midfielder... CARLTON Cole is not on my list... wait, wait... there's another player named Cole... playing leftback.... ummm... damn, I know this... Andy Cole? Nat King Cole?"


  • "Oh my, that Thierry Henry is really good, I should really pick him for the World Cup! I wonder if he's English? Can I pick him? Oh wait, I think he's probably Welsh... damn. Just like that Giggs kid... Damn this farcical 'passport' rule...!"


  • "What the heck, whichever player I choose, England will still probably lose at the semis or quarters... Might as well close my eyes and pick the 23 players i see on Match of the Day..."

No comments: